In Server announcements

Would it be possible to shut off the server announcements for crafting levels being displayed. Am not talking about the player settings you can manually configure, this is purely about the server wide messaging.

It doesn't take a genius to work out what people are doing and enables a lot of unnecessary grieving from certain players, who have an educated guess as to what others are up to.

KOS is the exception, as I feel this is required when the capture zones are working correctly of course.

Hope this helps.

11 hours ago, Topper said:

Would it be possible to shut off the server announcements for crafting levels being displayed. Am not talking about the player settings you can manually configure, this is purely about the server wide messaging.

It doesn't take a genius to work out what people are doing and enables a lot of unnecessary grieving from certain players, who have an educated guess as to what others are up to.

KOS is the exception, as I feel this is required when the capture zones are working correctly of course.

Hope this helps.

Hello @Topper,

Thank you for your suggestion, These announcements of you leveling up in skills can be disabled for everyone to see in your player settings. These settings disable your player broadcasting the leveling to all players.

Are you suggesting that we should remove this feature? Regardless if players can disable their levels being broadcasted to the server?

Community Director of [XtG] - Xtreme Tier Gaming Community AU/NZ

13 hours ago, Elite IV said:

Hello @Topper,

Thank you for your suggestion, These announcements of you leveling up in skills can be disabled for everyone to see in your player settings. These settings disable your player broadcasting the leveling to all players.

Are you suggesting that we should remove this feature? Regardless if players can disable their levels being broadcasted to the server?

Hi @Elite IV

Just remove this for crafting and levelling up only. I think the levelling up is personal to you, it makes no different to anyone else what level a player is.

When you meet with players you can see their player level skill anyhow.

To have "Topper has reached level 45 in crafting" announced to the server, invites a scouting mission for that individual. They are not too hard to find and means you stop whatever you are completing at the time.

6 hours ago, Topper said:

Hi @Elite IV

Just remove this for crafting and levelling up only. I think the levelling up is personal to you, it makes no different to anyone else what level a player is.

When you meet with players you can see their player level skill anyhow.

To have "Topper has reached level 45 in crafting" announced to the server, invites a scouting mission for that individual. They are not too hard to find and means you stop whatever you are completing at the time.

The way it's coded on the server is that:

If it's TRUE -> it will broadcast your LEVEL UP to the SERVER

If it's FALSE -> It will NOT broadcast your LEVEL UP to the SERVER

By default when a player joins the server for the first time, this is set to TRUE.

SO even if you have it set to FALSE you will still see players LEVEL UP if theirs is set to TRUE.

I hope this makes sense. If you have it disabled, no one can see you level up.

Community Director of [XtG] - Xtreme Tier Gaming Community AU/NZ

On 5/15/2022 at 4:04 PM, Elite IV said:

The way it's coded on the server is that:

If it's TRUE -> it will broadcast your LEVEL UP to the SERVER

If it's FALSE -> It will NOT broadcast your LEVEL UP to the SERVER

By default when a player joins the server for the first time, this is set to TRUE.

SO even if you have it set to FALSE you will still see players LEVEL UP if theirs is set to TRUE.

I hope this makes sense. If you have it disabled, no one can see you level up.

Thanks for explaining mate - makes sense even for my low iq level lol