Nvidia RTX 3080 Cards Launch in Mid 2020

Elite IV

It's crazy how pc gaming technology has evolved over the last few years and it's only speeding up. When it comes down to building a gaming computer a lot of people question the graphics processing unit they'll put into their pc build because the gpu is the main hardware for a gaming pc.

Source: Official Post Link
By

Nvidia's existing range of RTX 20 cards use an optimized 16nm Turing microarchitecture, but as Wccftech reports, analysts believe Nvidia is preparing the 7nm Ampere architecture for launch early next year. More specifically, an unveiling is expected at the GTC 2020 AI conference in late March. The first Ampere products are thought to be for the datacenter and will be AI-focused.

What follows is the inevitable introduction of RTX 30 cards and a new range of GPUs and graphics cards carrying the name RTX 3080. Apparently Nvidia CEO Jensen Huang is very confident of the lead the existing RTX 2080 cards hold in the market, so the first high-end RTX 3080 and mid-range RTX 3070 cards aren't expected to launch until June 2020., After that, Nvidia will spend several months launching new cards to slowly replace its mid and low-end cards. At some point an RTX 3080 Ti card is sure to appear.

So if you're contemplating on getting a new GPU, maybe the RTX 2080 - you should probably hold off and get one of these bad boys that come out apparently some-what mid 2020.

• Legend! 1

Community Director of [XtG] - Xtreme Tier Gaming Community AU/NZ

4 minutes ago, Milehighz said:

Everytime I hold off I get told too hold off for the new one, I think im getting behind xD - Current build is using a 750ti which actually plays majority of my games perfectly fine.. 😮

Yeah dude i still have a 650Ti omg. I am super outdated but it still plays the games i need to for now 🙂

• Legend! 1

3 minutes ago, Elite IV said:

Yeah dude i still have a 650Ti omg. I am super outdated but it still plays the games i need to for now 🙂

The way I see it, I play Overwatch, CSGO and WoW get over 60 fps on all of the so no need for upgrade unless I take major in interest in a higher spec games, Owned a few high tier rigs and felt I was never getting proper use out of them 😧

• Legend! 1

2 minutes ago, Milehighz said:

The way I see it, I play Overwatch, CSGO and WoW get over 60 fps on all of the so no need for upgrade unless I take major in interest in a higher spec games, Owned a few high tier rigs and felt I was never getting proper use out of them 😧

Yeah you don't need much to play those games 🙂 I'm keen on playing some new games soon. I also want to play games at 1080p 120 FPS, so I'll definitely need an upgrade if i want that. 

• Legend! 2

Just now, Elite IV said:

Yeah you don't need much to play those games 🙂 I'm keen on playing some new games soon. I also want to play games at 1080p 120 FPS, so I'll definitely need an upgrade if i want that. 

Yeah I tried 4k gaming and not noticable on a small monitor and VERY demanding even on high tier, 144hrz monitor though.. Now thats lifes changing ❤️ I wish I didnt sell my 1070ti as would of been peeeerfect for a 144hrz build

• Legend! 1