Server Wipes

Booker

In my opinion 3 months is abit too short, especially for people who cab only play on weekends i feel like by the time a player gets towards endgame level, money and whatever else a server wipe will be around the corner, so you wont really have alot of time to enjoy the hard earned "whatever that may be". 

my suggestion is don't have a set wipe timeline to begin with and then later on if required i think about every 6 months would be a good timeline, of if the community are wanting a wipe. 

regards 

Booker.

• Legend! 2

14 minutes ago, Booker said:

In my opinion 3 months is abit too short, especially for people who cab only play on weekends i feel like by the time a player gets towards endgame level, money and whatever else a server wipe will be around the corner, so you wont really have alot of time to enjoy the hard earned "whatever that may be". 

my suggestion is don't have a set wipe timeline to begin with and then later on if required i think about every 6 months would be a good timeline, of if the community are wanting a wipe. 

regards 

Booker.

That's a really good point,

Yes I agree, If i imagine myself as a player and I hear the words "server wipes" i get a bit cautious on if I should play on that server so you're right. We're a fresh community just starting out and I definitely want to eliminate that thought players may get when deciding to play on our server.

For now, There will be no scheduled wipes for the XtG Altis Life RPG server unless the community wants it or if we do grow a lot and there is too much money floating around the economy.

Thanks for your suggestion @Booker. I've approved this!

• Legend! 2
  • Love It! 1

Community Director of [XtG] - Xtreme Tier Gaming Community AU/NZ

• 6 months later...
On 10/18/2021 at 12:28 PM, Elite IV said:

That's a really good point,

Yes I agree, If i imagine myself as a player and I hear the words "server wipes" i get a bit cautious on if I should play on that server so you're right. We're a fresh community just starting out and I definitely want to eliminate that thought players may get when deciding to play on our server.

For now, There will be no scheduled wipes for the XtG Altis Life RPG server unless the community wants it or if we do grow a lot and there is too much money floating around the economy.

Thanks for your suggestion @Booker. I've approved this!

Mr Elite, I echo these comments.  

Server wipes are also known as community wipes. Coming from 420 I know first hand how we built up as a team over the years and the constant server wipes destroy this over time.

I for one, and i know a few, would seriously consider my future on the server. Good to hear your comments and assurances. Thank you.

• Love It! 1

11 hours ago, Topper said:

Mr Elite, I echo these comments.  

Server wipes are also known as community wipes. Coming from 420 I know first hand how we built up as a team over the years and the constant server wipes destroy this over time.

I for one, and i know a few, would seriously consider my future on the server. Good to hear your comments and assurances. Thank you.

Not to worry @Topper, There are no scheduled wipes. There is however a big economy change in V1.3 which includes resources being moved and repriced. However this will not induce a wipe of player stats.

• Love It! 1

Community Director of [XtG] - Xtreme Tier Gaming Community AU/NZ